- Building known as "Stacy House" was named after a family of William T. Stacy who purchased the house in 1856 and sold it after 1921.
- The building was originally built in 1725
- Moved to 1 Fourth Street, the current location, between 1850 and 1856.
- It is located in the Point Section of Newport, RI.
- The original address is not known.
- Fourth Street was taken over by the Old Colony & Newport Railroad in 1863.
- A significant two story addition was added to the original building later.
- The Newport City Directories indicate that many of the Stacy family members worked on the railroad.
- We purchased this property in May of 1978.
- The building has 3 rental units - one on each floor.
- Type: mostly full
- Access: bulkhead plus one interior staircase.
- Number of Rooms: 15
- Building and Construction
- Type: Apartment
- Exterior: Clapboard, Wood
- Finished Floor: Hardwood, Vinyl
- Parking Spaces:
- Total off street spaces 3 in yard.
- Heating system
- Heating Fuel: Electric, Gas
- Oil fired furnace heats first and second floors radiators and hot water.
- Third floor is electric heat with separate hot water heater.